Also provided is our Privacy Note.
This Website is provided by Jo Pavey t/a Jo Pavey Insurance Services.
We are committed to compliance with all relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
How we obtain your personal data
We may collect and process the following data about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data):
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Your name, company name, telephone number, email address and password. We may need this information in order to provide you with access to the Website and to ensure we can identify you.
How we use your personal data
Information that you or a third party provide to us about you (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data) will be used only for the following purposes (and subject to any preferences you have notified us of):
- We may share your personal data between Jo Pavey t/a Jo Pavey Insurance Services and the markets we approach on your behalf, who may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services and information which may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods and to our using your personal information for these purposes. Please contact us if you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or carefully selected companies.
- We may retain and disclose your personal data in order to comply with any statutory, legal or regulatory obligations. We are required to report details of any suspicious transactions to the Serious Organised Crime Agency and may need to forward information including personal data to them or related organisation. Similarly, we may also need to disclose information about our customers, including personal data, to certain bodies who have statutory powers, for example, the Department of Work and Pensions.
- We may share your personal data with carefully selected companies for marketing purposes. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services and information which may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or carefully selected companies please tell us whenever you contact us.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
This Website may write small files to your computer called “cookies”, which we may use for the following reasons:
- To ensure you are properly logged in where this is necessary to use the site;
- To track your progress through the site so we can make improvements to the service we offer you; and or
- To remember any preferences which the site may allow you to set.
Cookies may be required to allow you to access and participate in certain areas of the Website. The cookies we store on your computer do not contain any personally identifiable information.
You do not have to accept cookies and you can disable them or change the way your computer handles them by adjusting your browser settings. The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience problems using areas of this Website that require you to log on.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
When you visit our Website, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
Keeping your information safe
Our Website has security installed to ensure that any personal data entered onto the site is protected against loss, misuse or alteration.
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of your data; however you should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to protect your security, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise users that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore that you use the Website at your own risk.
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and whenever you inform us about any changes we will update this information at the earliest opportunity. Please help us to do this by letting us know whenever there are changes to your personal data.
If you supply information about other people
Your legal rights
We are committed to delivering the rights that the Data Protection Act 1998 provides to individuals. Amongst these is the right to access personal data (Data Subject Access Request) that we hold about you. If you decide to exercise this right we will send you an application form so that you can assist us to locate all of the information that we hold. We will also request a fee in accordance with the Act. When we have received the completed form and the fee we will provide the information that meets the criteria specified in the Data Protection Act within 40 days.
We may monitor or record telephone conversations to enhance your security and ours, to enable us to handle complaints efficiently, improve our customer service and for staff training purposes.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing or other preferences, you wish to receive further information about how we use your information or have any queries, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org